Updates to the ATO Online Terms & Conditions will see changes including:
- The ability to authorise your tax or BAS agent to designate their ATO online inbox to receive some or all of your ATO correspondence.
- Your personal myGov inbox will still receive communication that isn’t directed at your agent.
- If you currently use secret questions & answers to confirm identity, the use of myGov security codes or the myGov app is recommended and will be mandatory to use improve security from 1 June 2019.
What you should do before June 1st 2019:
- Read the new Terms & Conditions
- If you agree to the changes, you are not required to take any action – if you wish to unlink your ATO account from myGov, log in and select ‘Services’ then select ‘Unlink’
- If you do not unlink before 1st June – your acceptance of the new Terms and Conditions will be deemed accepted
If you wish your tax related communication to be sent to your tax agent then make the required selections in you myGov account as soon as possible.