On 29 June 2021, the NSW Government announced a major new grants package of between $5,000 and $10,000 to help eligible small businesses and people across NSW impacted by the current Covid-19 Hotspot.
Businesses will be able to apply for the grants through Service NSW from later in July and will need to show a decline in turnover across a minimum two -week period after the commencement of the major restriction on 26 June 2021.
|Decline in revenue (%)
The grants are split into two streams to cover small businesses as well as tourism providers impacted by the lockdown over the school holiday break.
- Small Business COVID-19 Support Grant
- businesses and sole traders with a turnover of more than $75,000 per annum but below the NSW Government 2020/21 payroll tax threshold of $1,200,000 as at 1 July 2020
- businesses must have less than 20 full time employees and an ABN registered in NSW or be able to demonstrate they are physically located and primarily operating in NSW
- Hospitality and Tourism COVID-19 Support Grant
- Available to tourism or hospitality businesses that have a turnover of more than $75,000 and an annual Australian wages bill of below $10 million as at 1 July 2020
- Businesses must have an ABN registered in NSW or be able to demonstrate they are physically located and primarily operating in NSW
The full criteria will be available in coming days on the Service NSW website.
Please contact our office if you require any assistance.
By Kathy Choi